The Technical Consultant will be the overall technical lead for all projects. They will oversee and be the last point of contact after Senior Engineer for all technical queries during the project execution. The queries should be directed through the senior engineer.
Provide 3rd line level support on two or more key areas that include RNC, BSC, NetAct, Core, CISCO, WBTS, BTS, LTE, 5G
- Provide technical help and on job/site training to engineers
- Help build a strong, competent team through knowledge transfer and tool creation
- Provide 24/7 Technical Support to Nokia engineers
- Inclusion in projects with Customers
- Attend customer and vendor meetings
- Attend all FOAs, and ensure a successful start to each new project
- Maintain independence from contractors and staff at all times to ensure that the best interests of GTL are maintained at all times. Encourage and support staff in their personal development.
- Strong knowledge of BSS/RAN architecture
- Nokia UTRAN experience, using NetAct and SQM or similar performance tools.
- Working knowledge of 2G/3G/4G/5G Core/BSS/RAN
- Nokia BTS/WBTS/LTE/5G, BSC, RNC – Hardware and software platforms
- Good office administration skills, Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and Outlook.
Person Specifications – Essential –
- Ability to communicate at all levels in the organisation.
- Team player
- Self-Starter and go getter
- Innovative and Creative
- Strong fault finding and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills, and at ease in face-to-face situations
- Flexible and willing to take on new tasks and challenges.
- PS or CS Core Networks
- Demonstrate ability to prioritise tasks and deliver under pressure
- Strong background in field service management and have managed large operational contracts working to agreed performance levels
- Professional and able to work harmoniously within and between teams
Academic & Technical Background – Essential –
- Minimum HND or equivalent recognised telecoms qualifications
- Management and people training courses
- Good experience in a field environment