Website Genesis Technology Services
Key Objectives/ Deliverables
Reporting to the Project Manager, the role holder will be technically competent in their area of BTS/RBS DICI activities. This will include but not limited to installation, configuration, integration, migration, call testing, troubleshooting & maintenance on UK mobile networks. The role holder may be requested to participate in weekend work or extended hours. The role holder will demonstrate professionalism and flexibility when contacting internal & external personnel.
- Responsible for working alone or in a small team.
- Installation, commissioning & integration of Ericsson & Nokia BTS/RBS equipment, including carrier addition, hardware upgrade/refresh, card swaps, migrations.
- Collaboration with back-office configuration teams (Genesis or customer), and Genesis delivery team
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues arising during integration
- Service verification test calling
- Completion of handover documentation
- Stock reporting and control
- Site surveys & audits
- Ensure all assigned equipment and PPE are maintained in good working order & within calibration date.
- At least 2 years installation, commissioning & integration of 2G – 5G radio products onto UK mobile networks, either Ericsson (including Baseband) or Nokia (including AirScale), preferably both.
- At least 6 months of troubleshooting technical/investigations within the last 2 years, on either Ericsson or Nokia, preferably both
- Skilled and proficient with all radio technologies such as GSM, UMTS, LTE & NR
- Cooperation with 3rd parties, customers, and site providers to facilitate completion of tasks
- Carrying out testing & cooperation with transmission network providers including BT
- Accurately completing any Hand Over Packs & or site completion certification within agreed SLAs
- Adaptability with experience of working across multiple projects
- Previous experience working for or with Genesis / Nokia / Ericsson / Telefonica / Vodafone / EE
- CDM 2015 awareness
- Possess high attention to detail
- A positive can-do attitude
- Flexibility of working hours
- Analytical thinking
- Initiative and proactivity
- Ability to work alone or as part of a team
Academic & Technical Background
- All required H&S certification for working on street works & rooftops:
- Emergency first aid
- RF awareness
- Manual handling
- Asbestos awareness
- Rooftop access (fixed ladder)
- BTEC ONC/OND in a technical subject
- DC and electrical Awareness Training:
- TEL001: An E-Learning Training Course in ‘Electrical Safety Awareness in Telecoms’
- TEL003: Requirements for DC Electrical Installations in Telecoms (for non-Electricians)
- Must be very Proactive
- Able to withstand tight deadline
- Can work independently
- Confident in presenting
- Good communication skills
- Fluent in English
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.